Monday 24 September 2012

Jane Burn's Lacy Mitts

 


I made these!  September's here and I'm prepared for the cooler days with these mittens.  I made the grey scarf mentioned in previous post, but I don't like it so I will have to have a rethink as to a future scarf project.  Back to the mittens... baring in mind this is the first time I have worked in the round (4 double pointed needles - crazy), first time for a lace pattern and making picot edging.  I've corrected the mistakes as much as I could (due to getting distracted many many times).  The pattern comes from October 2012 Simply Knitting magazine which I have now subscribed to.  It felt like my birthday when it arrived with 2 free bamboo needles and a 'Bergere de France' vac packed ball of wool.  I am in love with Bergere.  I can't help but be hypnotised with their unique and oh so feminine designs.  So, it was with great surprise to receive a ball of Bergere and to be able to work a design with it.  All that's needed is a 25g ball of 4ply yarn.  One daughter keeps nicking them and the other loves the lace work so I have agreed to make them both a set.  Each mitten takes 3 evenings at a couple of hours each.  The great thing about these is they are stretchy so what could fit an 11 year old could also fit a small to medium ladies hand too.
I have very nearly finished my twist and rib pullover in ocean blue.  Will need to stitch the front and block.  It's slightly big but I'm hoping it'll shrink a bit.  Will show you when it's done.  Aswell as some more mittens, I plan to start a black fisherman's jumper and make some more arm covers for my sister... a cluster crochet design might work better than the double crochet which nearly drove me mad.  I will have a think about it.  So I've got a very busy month or so and there's soooooo many patterns I wish to do but never have enough money.  Happy creating in my craft world.





No comments:

Post a Comment